Artemis Publishing Company accepts book proposals in a variety of genres for consideration. We provide traditional and hybrid publishing services. For all types of publishing, please see the Submission Guidelines below for instructions on submitting your work.
Currently we are seeking submissions for the following fiction categories:
- CONTEMPORARY FICTION
- ROMANCE (all subgenres, including erotic romance, except for the limitations below)
- STORY COLLECTIONS
- WOMEN’S FICTION
We do not accept Fantasy submissions.
We do not publish the obvious — extreme violence, bestiality, or books that promote illegal activity in any category.
- Submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a query letter outlining the name of your book and word count, and if it is part of a series.
- Give a short summary of the story and what audience you are targeting and why.
- Let us know if you have previous works published and your author page reference if you have one.
- Include your real name (and pen name, if you have one), address, phone number, and e-mail address in order to receive a reply to your proposal.
- Attach a synopsis of your work along with 3 sample chapters.
- Prepare all attachments in MS-WORD with 1” margins, and double-spaced. Do not use any other software.
Please allow 1-4 weeks for a response. We can’t publish every book sent to us, but we do give every submission the careful attention it deserves and we always respond to a query, never ignoring it. If you have not heard back after a few weeks, feel free to send a short e-mail, letting us know you are still waiting. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer advice on book writing or suggest other publishing companies for your work.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION (PLEASE READ):
For traditional publishing, we accept manuscripts based on our belief in your story and its viability in the marketplace. Royalty terms, which are more generous than other publishing companies our size, are provided in the contract if one is offered. Authors may purchase softbound copies of their books at a discount without any constraints on where or how they sell or give away these books.
If your work is accepted for publication, you will work with an editor to perfect your work and a cover artist to create a book cover (or you may provide your own), which are both needed to get the work in a publishable format. Artemis will provide the ISBN for the work.
Now about Marketing: One of the biggest misconceptions about book publishing is that an author submits a manuscript and has no other part in the sales process, leaving it to the publisher to sell their books. That is not the publishing climate today. Artemis works very hard to market your book. However, we expect the author to participate in the marketing process as well.
You won’t make as much of royalty if you don’t participate along with the publisher in the marketing process. There is no way a publisher can do it alone. Public speaking, talking to bookstores or librarians to host signing events, or attend book fairs and other events are all ways you can help in the promotion of your book. Marketing tools such as posters for events, business cards, bookmarks, and other “promos” also are ways you can get your work before the public. Publishing houses from small to the largest all depend on the author to work together to make their book a success.
By working together, you will continue to grow and improve as an author. Thank you for your interest in Artemis Publishing Company!